Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Greatest Romantic Songs of the 1970's

I saw the ad. Wrote down the 1-800 number. I want them so bad I can taste them (well except for that piece of crap number, "My Eyes Adored You."

It's a grey, gloomy, day out with a drizzle that's neither a rain-storm nor a mist.

And I feel lonely, grey, sad and wondering how my life turned out this way.

Someone I know only via email and phone sent me pictures of his grandchildren. It's been a long time since my biological clock sounded the alarm. But that old familiar pang sounded once again as I looked at the little boys - all fresh-faced and innocent and wondered, what would it have been like to have held my own child?

Would that I were the pragmatist. Fortunate I am a loner. Because otherwise, this might just be unbearable.

To be all alone.

No comments: